Followers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Grammy's experience


Hey everyone

Hope you had a great weekend. I know I did! I was lucky enough to spend my Sunday at the Staple Center for the Grammys! Actually it was pretty tiring. I spent a long 9 hrs at the Staple Center, helping out at the sound check the morning of the show, and then staying into the evening for the actual event.

I guess the highlights for me were as follows:

-Watching Radiohead perform with the USC marching band.

-Paul McCartney talking with me backstage and showing me a "red nose day" magic trick. He explained afterwards that it was "red nose day" in England that day. So, he wore this Beatles Tshirt that had all of them wearing red noses. And he had this light up red nose he made disappear, reappear, etc. Good times.

-Having Thome and Johnny "stocking us" backstage....haha.

-Watching Al Green, Justin Timberlake and Keith Urban practice their song together. Funny, the Grammys called Al Green around noon the day of the Grammys. He was in the bathtub when he got the call begging him to come and perform in place of Rhianna and Chris Brown!

Truthfully though, I think the Grammys have gotten too long and too commercial since being at the Staple Center. I enjoyed it much more when they were held at the Shrine.

Here's a pic of Radiohead, the USC marching band and my dad (prod/arranger) backstage after their performance at Grammys.

Talk on ya laters!
xoxo
lyss =)

No comments: