Followers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

SXSW!

Hi all y'all!

I just got home after 5 music filled days in Austin, Texas. Wooow was it fun! How could it not be with over 3,000 bands performing in 5 days. And we're talking musicians from all over the world; England, Dublin, Australia, you name it. I got to see all sorts of bands, both new and old, including Devo, this crazy screamo Britt band Bring me the Horizon( fucking insane!!! check 'em out!!), the NY Dolls, the Silversun Pickups, etc. and lots of new bands I'd never heard of. Musicians were playing on street corners, rooftops, elevators, you name it!
I also got to play a couple showcases. Played one at the famous Continental Club on Congress Ave, and then another at the live.create.lounge. I found a review that was written earlier today from my showcase last night. Check it out at:

http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/music/entries/2009/03/22/sxsw_review_alyssa_suede.html

Anyhoo, it's bedtime for me. Glad to be back in LA, and I'm planning on playing more gigs out here and writing new stuff! woot woot! Also, I just recently recorded some new demos of new tunes. Will be rotating them onto my myspace page. So check 'em out! www.myspace.com/alyssasuede

xoxo
lyss =)

No comments: