Followers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Why music?

Last night after the Faith Hill PBS Xmas special wrapped, I was in Faith's dressing room. My parents and I were chatting with her and Tim. We were mainly talking about music and how lucky we are to be doing what we love; music.

It got me thinking. What is it that I love so much about music? Yes, it's exciting to perform for hundreds of thousands of people. Yes it's fun to travel around the globe. But beyond all of that, what I love about music is the fact that it enables people to feel something. Whether the song is a heart throbbing love song or just a fun "dance around" song, music hits people emotionally. I think music is one of the finest wavelengths. It can pierce through anything.

I remember listening to one of Tchaikovsky's violin concertos for the first time. All these emotions hit me at once. My eyes swelled with tears, I felt elated, powerful, like I could accomplish anything! And to know that I potentially have the capability to impress similar feelings in others with my music keeps me looking forward to each day.

No comments: