Followers

Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympics, Human Rights, and my hair...


Hi hi!

OMG have any of you been watching the summer Olympics!?!? I never really got into watching them in the past, but this year I watched all of the gymnastics. I swear, what they can do with their bodies is insane! I seriously cried when the American's won the gold and silver in the women's all round. Reminded me of when I used to compete in figure skating..... =)
I played a show this weekend. It was an benefit concert for the Youth for Human Rights. I got to perform outside on this cliff overlooking Hollywood....so beautiful! Someone in the audience took a pic with their phone and emailed it to me.....can't really tell it's me....well maybe you can by my afro hair! lol. I posted the pic above.
Having these human rights and knowing you have them is so important! Freedom of thought and expression is a big one being an artist. If I didn't have freedom of expression, I wouldn't be able to write!! lol Anyways, if you're interested in knowing all 30 of our human rights, check 'em out here: http://www.un.org/av/photo/subjects/30.htm
Sweet, well I'm outtie but I'll be back soon!
xoxo
lyss =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog.This is the first time in my life I have watched the olympics.Its been so entertaining.
Seems like this world is losing all respect for human rights.